At Rush School, student council provides students in grades 3-5 an opportunity to participate in and practice leadership and responsible decision making. All members have been selected by their homeroom classmates to be part of student council. Being a member of student council helps our students become responsible and active members of the community.
- To be involved in community events, like the holiday food drive and toys for tots.
- To raise money to benefit many different organizations, like the Alicia Rose Victorious Foundation and Autism Speaks.
- To sponsor student activities that are fun for all students.
Members of Student Council will:
- Attend 1-2 meetings per month after school.
- Discuss with their classmates what occurred at the meetings.
- Get classmates interested to help participate in fund-raising events.
- Serve as a positive role model for other students.